Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Another sad day in the life of...

Jessie S. Today DH and I decided to separate. It's the only thing we can do at the moment to save our marriage. We'll go to counseling in time but right now we just don't get along. It's more me then him. I have too much back anger and resentment towards him. You know ever since I took his last name I have had only two good days. The days my sons were born. Even though those days were painful, they still were the best days ever. I'm so tired of being sad and depressed. I don't want my boys to think this is how marriage or love is suppose to be. I boys will NOT turn out like their dad. They will always have a job and know what responsibility is. They will be loving men. Family men. Whether is with there wife and/or children. They will be nothing like there dad is to me. He's is a good father. Really he is. He just sucks at being a good husband. I know he loves me. I don't question that. He just doesn't understand what being a family man is. Job stability is super important.

I sit here wondering if this is really going to work? My good friend is filing for divorce after separating with her husband(thinking they would work it out) and get back together. No suck luck for her. I feel sad for her because I know she wanted to. Badly.

Love has never been our problem, but there always has been something. I truly hope that we can work through this. I do. I want my family has a whole. So far I am the only one in my family that hasn't divorced. How sad is that?

Ok i guess i should get back to work.

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh Jessie...I'm so sorry to hear you and your husband are separating. I'm sad to say that my husband and I are also very close to that. We will try councilling first, but like you I am not sure it will work. I have a lot of resentment and angry towards him for so many unresolved things that have happened in our past. I also don't want my children to grow up in an unhappy household and to learn that conflict and unhappiness is normal in a marriage.

I can't help but think that having 2 babies in 2 years put more strain on our marriages than we were ready to handle. I don't regret my kids in any way, but I am sad that things are so hard right now. I know they say the first year of a child's life is VERY hard on a marriage...and you and I were already pregnant again at that point.

I wish you lived here. We could start our lives over and get a place together with all four babies!!!

Hang in there. If it is meant to be and worth it...it will work out for both of us. If not, something much much better will happen.

{{{HUGS}}}}}

P.S. If you ever want to talk on the phone I can email you my phone number. I'm sure the stories I have of my DH would make you laugh even though they are not "funny". :)